Lots of people have their go-to recipes when their feeling out of sorts. I have my teas, usually green teas. However, over the last couple of years, I’ve been sipping on Turmeric tea.
Turmeric tea is a serious drink, not for the faint of heart. It might just cure every last ache, pain, and woe-is-me in your life. Everything, afterall is possible.
TURMERIC TEA TIME
- Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Total time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 1 Serving
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of clove
- pinch of nutmeg
- tsp fresh ginger (optional)
- pinch of fresh ground black pepper*
- As much turmeric as you can handle! Start with a teaspoon and go up from there.
- 1-2 cups of water
- Raw honey to sweeten
- Milk (I went with fresh coconut milk, but almond and hemp would both be delicious)
*I have included black pepper in this recipe as studies show it aids in the absorption of curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric. I happen to be allergic to black pepper and so I omit it.
Make It Like So
Slow and steady stove top method
- Simmer herbs and water together for 10 mins.
- Strain out and add honey and milk.
Fast and furious blender method
- Boil water in your kettle and add to blender (a blender with gradual speed increase will reduce likelihood of pressure from steam exploding out of your blender).
- Add in spices and blend until smooth and unified in colour.
- Strain out tea and add milk and honey.